Monday, April 6, 2015

Time for a Change!

It is always surprising to me how things can change in the blink of an eye! Two years ago I left a wonderful vibrant congregation to pursue other things within my career. It is with great joy and excitement I tell you that next Monday, I begin a brand-new journey. It is brand-new in some ways an old hat in others.

Fifteen years ago I worked for a Lutheran Church as their Christian education and youth director here in Winston-Salem. It is this church that brought me to this wonderful city that I have come to call home. 
After a chain of events that only our great God can orchestrate, I will be returning to that same church as their Youth and Family Life Ministries Director along with Contemporary Worship Director! There are no words to describe how excited I am about this transition. God has worked mightily in order for this to happen and I cannot wait to get started.

I have continued to lead worship in town and throughout the state but look very forward to putting all of my energy into developing a brand-new contemporary style worship service for this church. Also, you can pray for me as I transition back into youth ministry and education. I have been out of that world for a while but know that there are resources at my fingertips and I will be utilizing them.  

The name of the church I will be working for is Lutheran Church of the Epiphany and it is located on Silas Creek Parkway. I have one more week of working at a furniture store here in Winston and look forward to beginning on April 13 at the church. 

As time allows, I will continue to sing out in other churches and will definitely be continuing my patient advocate work at the hospital. 

Thank you all for your support and encouragement as you have pushed me to think beyond the box. I would have never told you that I would return back to the congregation I worked for 15 years ago – under new leadership at this point – to begin a contemporary worship program, but again, God can only orchestrate such a thing.  

I would be glad to share more of this story with you if you would like.

Love to you all!
He IS Risen Indeed! 

Ashley 

4 comments:

  1. Ashley, your writing is beautiful, and you have no idea how thrilled we are to have you at Epiphany!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing news! I have a feeling more happy announcements are in store... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good! Applause! So excited for you and them!

    ReplyDelete